Meet the new Violette - my 1930s style wedding dress with lace features!

Edit Artikel

Dear Reader

As promised, I have something new to reveal today: I am very excited to introduce the new Violette.
This lovely dress is a new variation on my Violette 1930s-style dress, that you may know already from my Heavenly Collection... 
For the new Violette, I have added a delicate French lace cap sleeve - always so popular with my clients. The new dress also features an elegant lace panel at the back (cleverly positioned just above the bra-line), to perfectly complement the art deco feel and construction of this lovely gown, with its gorgeous seam details that sculpt the body. 

Violette was recreated from an original 1930s dress with a few style modifications. For me, the exciting thing about copying the vintage dresses is that it allows me to discreetly update a few features - like lowering a neckline slightly - without losing the feel of the original dress.
In this case, the original dress belonged to a young lady called Gladys Violette who was married in 1932. I love knowing the history of my dresses, and even have her original wedding invitation!
All the patterns for my vintage-inspired dressed have been created by carefully deconstructing original dresses which were absolutely beautiful, but too tired to be worn again. Each is then carefully recreated, with design modifications to suit the modern figures. It's a very difficult process, and each one takes many attempts to get it perfect Fortunately I have a wonderful team of highly-skilled pattern cutters who make it possible!

This lovely version of the Violette dress is available now, in a wide range of sizes, and priced at £1495. I do hope you love it, and thanks for sharing my news today! Do contact me if you'd like to see more.

Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides


Top photo c. Holly Booth, jewellery by  Judith Brown
All other photos c. Robert Lawler Photography
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments